OPEN POSITION: CUSTOMER SERVICE, EDITORIAL ASSISTANCE
Posted on August 12, 2015.
Duties and Responsibilities
A full-time position with International Press of Boston, a publisher of highly regarded scholarly journals and books on mathematics, physics, and statistics, in Somerville not far from Harvard University.
The primary, regular work is customer service and taking and managing orders:
- Process all orders and payments for journal subscriptions and books.
- Correctly record the orders/payments in our Intuit QuickBooks database.
- Correctly record new subscriptions in our custom database.
- As needed, update data on subscriptions, subscription agencies, and booksellers, in custom database.
- In general, learn about our company, our publications, and our customers.
Other important work will include copy editing, general editorial assistance, and helping with our marketing efforts:
- Learn and gain understanding of our publications, our business, and the world of scholarly publishing in general.
- Edit mathematical texts in journal issues and books: find and correct typographical errors and grammatical/spelling errors.
- Assist in other editorial tasks on occasion as needed.
- Become aware of our potential advertising and promotional forums.
- Assist in implementing advertisements and promotional activities.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone who will bring a thoughtful, methodical, and highly organized working style, and an attentiveness to detail.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken communication (English) is required.
- Minimum two years experience in publishing, or completion of formal education in publishing, is desirable.
- Experience in scholarly publishing is desirable.
- Knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel is desirable.
- General skill in dealing with Microsoft Windows is desirable.
- Working knowledge of other languages is desirable.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable. Benefits include full medical and dental coverage, 401K plan.
Please e-mail or mail your resume or C.V., with a brief letter. Please, no telephone calls.
Attn: CS/EA position
International Press, Inc.
387 Somerville Ave.
Somerville, MA 02143